Tag Archive | Spring reverb

TTSH, spring reverb mods

Alritey let’s continue details of my TTSH with two spring reverb modifications. If you’re looking for other build / modification posts on the project, please visit the main page right here.

Opamp Upgrade

This modification is done to improve the noise floor of spring reverb, by upgrading the opamp in the output amplifier circuit (recovery amp). The mod was suggested by user Nordcore at Muffwiggler forum and looks like this:

TTSH reverb driver mod schematic by Nordcore.

TTSH reverb driver mod schematic by Nordcore.

I sort of failed with adding this mod in that I didn’t bother taking before and after audio recordings: So it’s rather impossible to say how much the noise floor was effectively reduced. On my TTSH the circuit was noisy before and is noisy after.. Yet I’d still say it’s better.

On to the build..:

The reverb driver circuit in its stock config

The reverb driver circuit in its stock config

Read More…

Advertisements

TTSH, on the case

Picking things up from the initial design of my TTSH case, I sure was itching it to get down with some hands-on work. First up, cut the boards which make up the basic frame..:

Frame parts hot off the table saw.

Frame boards hot off the table saw.

Read More…

Jerry Springer, input amp revisited

One of those small things I’ve been planning to do something about for a good while: the input amp of Jerry Springer, my DIY spring reverb unit.

Say hello to Jerry :)

Say hello to Jerry.

It wasn’t long after I completed the build, that the amp board blew up on me. Since the original build also included a “Direct In” that bypasses the amp (via switching jack), I simply continued using the tank by feeding it directly from one of the outputs of my AD/DA converter (the Behringer ADA8000). Sure, the signal levels weren’t anything good but the setup worked.. Read More…

Jerry Springer, part 4

Finally got the paint/oilwork and decals for ‘Jerry’ sorted out, so nothing much left than to present the completed unit! I sketched the decals in CorelDraw9 and printed them to Lazertran. The decals were then roughly cut to shape, applied using the water transfer method and spray-lacquered over. Naturally, the face of you-know-who had to be included ;)

Read More…

Jerry Springer, part 3

Filling, sanding, filling, sanding.. And then sanding a bit more: The theme for today’s session, as I’ve been alternating between filling up and sanding the excess holes on the bezel plus sanding the wooden top part to be treated with wood oil.


Read More…