To wrap up 2017 here’s the near-mandatory, and-now-for-something-completely-different, holiday seasons DIY post.
This time around though I’m skipping the turkey in favor of adding LED lighting to thruster engines of Lego Star Wars Ultimate Collectors Set (UCS) nr. 75060 aka ‘Slave 1’.. Aka ‘that clothes iron looking spaceship’ with which Jango & Boba Fett transport their *preciousssss* bounty in in Star Wars movies. Read More…
Here’s a small mod for Fonitronik Cascade, a 4HP eurorack module that allows mixing, attenuating / inverting and offsetting of three separate input signals (later “channels” or “ch.”). I totally love it for the size, features and price.
The mod brings on-board jumper terminal JP1 to front panel, so that the signal routing behavior of Cascade can be changed without removing the module from eurorack case.
Heyyy I’m once again catching up my TTSH build documentation with yet another modification. Yayyyy!
This mod is based on Altitude909’s add-on board, which adds a Arp Odyssey style hard sync between oscillators. The build has been well-documented in this thread @ Muffwiggler, so please check there if you’re planning to add one to your TTSH (Hi Vlado!). I did a slightly alternate version for myself and on this post we’ll look at that instead! But first, here’s a video by Stephen Drake on what hard synced oscillators sound..:
Still time for a quick one before it’s ‘BYE BYE 2016’! :)
While building my TTSH I also got myself a DIY kit of a Arp 1601 sequencer clone. The build itself was so straightforward that I didn’t see the point in blogging the details. However I made some LED mods to it and thought maybe this would be of interest to owners of this device. So if you ended up here looking to change the color of LEDs on your Arp 1601 clone, look no further! If you’re in a hurry, check the summary section at the end of this post.
While you can also find my posts related to the mod at Muffwiggler (Muff) forum, I thought my blog here is a more compact way to present the information. For one, since forum threads at Muff are created by product / project, there’s a number of discussions going on at the same time (esp. if a DIY build). So a thread can become convoluted. Second, threads which span years (or multiple production runs of a kit) can become l-o-n-g, adding to the ‘needle in a haystack’ effect. Third, if you’re not logged in the board system won’t show post attachments or the like. So it can be quite the dig looking for information you need.
But don’t get me wrong, I love the Muffwiggler board and a lot of highly skilled people dwell there. It’s just that often the format isn’t good for finding information that you need instantly.
Well maybe my ramblings aren’t either, but let’s not follow that tangent! :D