Oldskool link page for this and that DIY related stuff around the net.. Last updated 12th of december 2013.
- diyAudio – “Projects by fanatics, for fanatics”.. say no more :)
- Hacked Gadgets – Hacks, mods, DIY and then some!
- Hardware Secrets – Discussion about PC hardware and custom PC building.
- Midibox – Discussion about gear made using Thorsten Klose’s MBHP modules.
- Prophet 64 – Discussion about the Prophet 64 and MSSIAH cartridges for Commodore 64.
- Replica Prop Forum – Discussion & lot of info related to building movie prop replicas.
- Vintage Computers – Tons of info and discussion about various vintage computers.
- Colin Fraser – DIY synths & mods. Neat sysex mod for Roland JX10.
- Harrison Krix – Awesome movie and video game props and replicas.
- Mmmonkey (aka Pete) – Console modding hobbyist par excellence! .. Blog here.
- Paul Carmody – DIY speaker designs and kits.
- Adam Munich (aka Grenadier) – High voltage experiments and circuits, like Plasma Speaker.
- Thorsten Klose – Creator of MBHP, the Midibox Hardware Platform.
- Timo Happonen – Metal work how-to’s from the restoration aspect (finnish only).
- Tony Allgood – Creator of TB3030 and then some.
- Trevor Page – Creator of TR9090, still making occasional runs of board kits despite the site itself is pretty dead.
- 3D Content Central – Free 2D and 3D CAD models of various hardware like cylinders, brackets and motors.
- Bowden’s Hobby Circuits – All kinds of free circuit schematics with functional descriptions and various JS calculators.
- Flexible Stream – CC licenced CNC design files for furniture and such.
- Junior’s Revenge – Arcade monitor capacitor kit listings
- Sci.electronics.repair FAQ – Tons of troubleshooting tips and how-to’s for electronic components and devices.
- Sketchup Components Collection (SCC) – Google Sketchup design files for various bits of computer hardware.
- SMD Code Book – R.P. Blackwell’s excellent site for identifying SMD parts.
- Batronix IC-Databook – Freeware IC database app for Windows. Comes with pinouts / truth tables for 4xxx and 74xxx -series logic chips, but more can be added by simply creating appropriate .txt files.
- Cadsoft Eagle Light – Freeware version of Cadsoft’s Eagle, a schematic & PCB layout editor. Restrictions on board size and layers.
- Draftsight – Freeware 2D CAD program. This is what I use currently for all my CNC designs.
- Electronics Assistant – A freeware program with various calculators, eg. power, inductance and reactance.
- Novarm DipTrace Freeware – As the name suggests, a free version of DipTrace, a PCB layout editor. Restrictions on amount of pins & commercial use.
- Sketchup – Freeware 3D modelling program. Plenty of free design files (.skp) out there, check one under ‘Resources’.