While the days remaining for this year might be drawing towards the end, what there’s left around the christmas holiday season come packed with heaps of spare time. As in, a welcome bonus hours to tinker this and that around the house :)
One DIY skill that’s been on my “to try” list for quite some time is sewing. And if there’s one add-on I’d really like to have for my synthesizers, that would be tailor made dust covers. Add up these two, and it sounds just like a fun project for the holidays. Perhaps recycle some worn-out clothes while at it.
Long story to follow, here’s what I ended up with:
Today autumn arrived to Helsinki in full force, bringing along a rainy gray day.. As if wanting to prep you for the dark winter times ahead. Stuck indoors with very little else than house chores to do, I decided to brighten my day with a quick hack: A Lego Key Organizer!
No, I’m still not planning to turn this blog into a food one, but this blackcurrant leaf juice is one of my favorites which I’ve made almost every summer for many many years.. About time to have it featured I’d say :)
What I conceptually like about this juice the most is that it makes use of parts other than the berries. It’s also very simple to make, just about much work as making a (very large) cup of tea.
A quick hack to replace a 500W halogen lamp that broke during a photo shoot. Made this simple bulb rig by affixing some GU5.3 lamp holders to a piece of wood via straightened L-brackets and installed what bulbs I had at hand (adding up to about 200W).
The rig is mounted on top of a Ikea Grundtal door hanger, no need to affix the two together since the counterweight given by the lamp transformers (hung on the opposite side of the door) is enough :)
As for the actual project, well, more on that in a few weeks.