Tag Archive | Sliders

Odyssey, slider cleaning

With the critical power supply issue sorted out, I figured the next thing to do would be to test and clean up the controls. After all, there’s hardly any point doing calibration if the controls give unstable readings etc. etc.

The sliders were pretty unusable as is; doing fine adjustments with them was completely impossible, as they’d either get stuck at random points or require a quite a bit of force to even move. After spending several days searching around for options and going through specs it came evident that finding pin compatible sliders would be a relatively difficult task. So, to actually _advance_ the project instead of pointless browsing I decided to go for cleaning the existing sliders. And what a better way to evaluate this process than to remove one slider from the board and take it apart!

Read More…

Advertisements