Granny Cruiser, a bit of paint

Visible progress with the bicycle! Niina made good headway with sanding the frame whereas I cleaned up the remaining fork & crank bearings and parts.

The bottom and front tubes somewhat sanded..

..so, on to the chain stays then!

Within four hours, she had most of the frame ready for fine sanding. As the other battery on the drill kept dying before the other was charged up, the idle time was spent on prepping the fork for primer.

Niina layering primer on the fork.

Actually, the primer dried up so fast that we decided to do the color as well! About after an hour, the fork had three coats of both primer and paint.

The fork after second coat of paint.

I actually didn’t spend the whole session just cleaning up the bearings, but actually put some hours into my MAME project. Visible progress with that one as well, but more about it a bit later.. :)

Advertisements

Tags: , ,

Trackbacks / Pingbacks

  1. Granny Cruiser, ride on! « My Diy Blog - 04/05/2011

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: