x0x, MCU problems

I have no idea what happened, but when I started experimenting with fuse settings after diagnosing the MCU running at wrong clock speed, the chip went dead. The programmer software (Ponyprog) just constantly reported the chip as “unknown device” despite detecting it ok previously. My bet is on a voltage spike or such, though ESD can be counted out right from the start.

Anyway, a replacement part arrived last week, after which I was able to complete mapping the fuse settings. Here’s the combination that works on my setup:

  • bod0level = 0
  • bod1level = 0
  • bod2level = 1
  • ckdiv8 = 1
  • sut0 = 0
  • sut1 = 0
  • cksel0 = 1
  • cksel1 = 1
  • cksel2 = 1
  • cksel3 = 1
  • bootsz0 = 0
  • bootsz1 = 0
  • ocden = 1
  • wdton = 1
  • eesave = 1
  • ckout = 1
  • m161c = 1

Not that I tested every combination, but this was rather the first set with which the x0x powered up seemingly normal. Sequencer running ok, buttons responsive and all that.

Getting the MCU running revealed plenty of defunct leds on my custom keyboard though. The ones soldered directly to the board work fine, so it’s not difficult to gues that the problem lies somewhere with my custom cabling! No need to guess what I’ll be working on next..

Advertisements

Tags: , , , ,

One response to “x0x, MCU problems”

  1. arto says :

    If you’re stuck with fuse settings off a Atmel chip, check out this online calculator.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: