QuadSID, cables and then some

Cable day! Made the audio cables, Core<->SID interconnects, and the display cable. While test fitting the enclosure I noticed that the mounting boards for audio/Midi didn’t fit smoothly inside the case after all. The rear panel on the upper half of the enclosure starts curving/tilting up a bit earlier than what I initially measured and I have no idea where/when the measuring error slipped in. OH WELL.. Filing off a few millimeters here and there, these errors were swiftly corrected for. While at it, I also patched the extra holes I managed to drill earlier (bits of bare PCB and some hot glue to the rescue!). After this, I readied the lower half of the case for painting (clean up + masking) and sprayed on a few layers of matte black and clear lacquer.

Advertisements

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: